Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Winner, winner chicken dinner! This awesome recipe won't disappoint. Nagi from Recipe Tin Eats has some of the most delicious dinner ideas I've ever seen and this one, in particular, my kids ate up. Whip up some roasted veggies and creamy mash potatoes for sides and you're all set, enjoy!
Chicken with Creamy Sundried Tomato Sauce
- 750g/1.5lbs Chicken thighs or Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1/2cup sundried tomatoes, strips drained of oil
- 2 tbsp oil from sundried tomato jar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine (sub for chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup (185ml) chicken broth/stock (low sodium)
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened/heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (30g) parmesan, finely shredded
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed (optional)
1. Breast: Cut chicken in half horizontally to form 2 thin steaks.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil from sun-dried tomato jar in a large skillet over high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides - 6 minutes total for thigh or 4 minutes for breast. Remove onto a plate, keep warm.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds until light golden.
5. Add wine. Bring to simmer and scrape the bottom of the skillet to mix all the brown bits into the wine.
6. Let the wine simmer for 1 minute or so until the smell of alcohol is gone which means it has evaporated.
7. Mix in mustard, then add the chicken broth, cream, parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes.
8. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Stir regularly to dissolve parmesan cheese.
9. Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
10. Stir through basil leaves, then return chicken into pan. Spoon sauce over and simmer 1 minute.
11. Serve immediately! Great served over mashed potato, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower or pasta. Or serve with bread on the side to mop up sauce!
To view the original recipe, click here.